A while back a friend sent me a link to the video below. He is, like I am, one of those
hopeless hopeful searchers, a seeker; always trying to find reason and inspiration, always asking why. And always, particularly when things seem like CRAP, looking for a good reason to smile.
So, after a shitty week of rain and feeling frustrated (womp wommmmp, I know), I need a pick-me-up and maybe you do too.
Do me a favor: watch the video below and after reading what makes up (part of) my “Happy List,” go make your own. Hopefully it makes you smile like it did for me.
EM’S HAPPY LIST
(otherwise known as: the guide to getting emily to stop being a grump)
1. Waking up feeling like you just had THE.BEST.SLEEP.EVER.
2. Watching the arrivals gate at the airport.
3. Kayaking on the lake before dawn
4. Hosting a party and cooking a
5. The way fall smells.
6. That first moment
a friend’s face pops
on the screen for a
long-distance Skype/Hangout chat.
7. Staying in bed way after the alarm has gone off and not giving a damn. (Sweet taste of rebellion)
8. The way everything, everything, seems brighter, louder,
more intense when you first start seeing someone.
9. When all of a sudden it hits you that
that thing you wanted so badly a week, a month, a year ago,
IT’S ACTUALLY YOURS.
10. Travel bug dreaming, scheming and finally DOING.
Havasu Falls, AZ
11. Friends who listen to you when you sound like a whining asshole,
then offer wonderful advice and make you laugh your effing pants off.
12. Anyone, anywhere, anything that can make me laugh
as hard as this did when I first saw it:
So there you have! The Definitive Guide to Emily’s Happiness. Sort of. I may have left a few off
How about you? What’s on your Happy List?
Write it down.
Keep it handy.
Don’t forget to smile. Even when it’s raining, and you’ve had a shitty week.