An EVOLved Manifesto
After five days in Austin TX, hanging out with some of the most amazing and kick@$$ people I have ever met, and attending the paleopalooza that is Paleo f(x), I *almost* have no words for how effing PUMPED I am for life. *Almost*.
I finally had the chance to meet in-person & hang out with my new boss-man, Abel James of FatBurningMan.com. I started work on his team a few weeks ago; along with Chris Walker from NoGym.net, and I am so incredibly excited to be working so closely with these guys. Both are neuroscience grads and possibly the smartest dudes I’ve ever met; resulting in this liberal arts degree-state-school girl feeling a bit unqualified. Regardless, they are effing awesome and I consider myself SO fortunate to be a part of the exciting projects we are working on. The Fat-Burning Man house was packed for the week with Abel, Alyson, Chris and me, plus Juli from PaleOMG (who is just as hilarious in person as on her blog) and my favorite Caveman, George Bryant of Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations, along with other visitors like the Paleo Parents, Sean Croxton, Stefani Ruper & Primal Toad… Basically I felt like a paleo-groupie for realz.
So, being surrounded by wicked smart, inspiring, blogging dudes & dudettes, I figure it is time to get to work on my own blogness.
What follows is a manifesto of sorts. My declaration of bad@$$ness. My commitment to awesome-ocity at Your EVOLved Life, which shall henceforth be affectionately known as YEL.
1. Be as uncraptastic as possible
I love the internet. Seriously, I do. The people I have met and the opportunities I have been given because of the interwebs are things I will never knock, but let’s be real: sometimes there’s just TOO.MUCH.EFFING.CRAP. So, in a pledge to not be just another babbling @$$hat with wifi and a keyboard, I pledge to not post stuff that sucks. Simple enough, right? Right.
2. PROVIDE awesome $#*%
to help people DO awesome $#*%
What you’ll find at YEL:
- The best ways to get a crapton of energy – no caffeine or illicit drugs necessary – so you can get off your arse and start loving the crap out of life.
- Info on how to avoid being a mindless sheep following “the system” – yea, I said it. ‘Cuz most of the crap the FDA and other idiots have to say is just that, CRAP. You deserve better than that, so I’m gonna give it to you.
- Kick @$$ thoughts & insights from yours truly on how to avoid complaisance, because acquiescence is incompatible to EVOLving and I refuse to let myself or you be anything less then epically awesome on all accounts.
- You’ll also have the definitive privilege of reading ramblings such as this that will inevitably make you feel like I am talking to you, yes you, because I am incapable of typing any other way than exactly the way I talk “in real life.”
Sound good to you? Then maybe you want to sign up to get updates about the awesomeness as stated above. *nudgenudge*winkwink*
Ya with me so far?
What you won’t find at YEL:
- Typical diet advice about how many calories you should be eating, what the scale should say, or any other standard craptastic bull you may find plastering the pages of whatever grocery store checkout line you’re in.
- How to “lose x pounds in 30 days!” Those claims are crap. * See above for notes on uncraptasticness.
- Pictures of cats being cute. I hate cats. Ok, maybe there will be a few cat pictures, but only as they relate to bacon.
Image via imgfave.com
3. Be sponge-like
I shall be a sponge, and not in a I’m-doing-dishes-with-an-old-ratty-scrubber kind of way. More like I will constantly be learning and providing new information. I am a super-nerd and love reading the newest shiz on health and wellness, SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO. Don’t worry, I’ll keep you updated. Isn’t that nice of me?
4. Prove real food doesn’t suck
You’ll even find some of my attempts at cooking here. I am the worst at creating recipes – I rarely keep track of measurements or follow recipes exactly – BUT I’m going to show you how effing EASY it is to eat real food. ‘Cuz guess what? I’m lazy, and any time I cook I try to use a few dishes as possible and make it happen snappy-pappy. Ya herrrd?
5. World domination
Seriously. Watch out.
So there we have it! The YEL MANIFESTO!
What do you think? Sound like something you can get down with amigos? Don’t forget to sign up for my exclusive list so you don’t miss anything from the wonderful world of Your EVOLved Life.